Every department in our school has it's own student association, called a guild. Guilds are registered as independent associations. They are run by students and are actually not a part of the Student Union's organisation.
The guilds organise parties and excursions and unite the students of each department. One of the most visible signs of guilds' activities are the overalls that they provide for their members. Each guild has different colour overalls, and it is regarded as the 'student uniform' in most of the parties and excursions. You can also buy overalls from your guild. Here is a list of the guilds at LUT (ry at the end of the name mean Reg. Association in Finnish) and their international responsibles' emails.
- Armatuuri ry - Energy Technology students (white) - kv (at) armatuuri.fi
- Cluster ry - Information Technology students (red) - koposopo (at) cluster.fi
- Enklaavi ry - Business Administration students (neon yellow, or sometimes ordinary yellow) - opinto (at) enklaavi.fi
- Kaplaaki ry - Industrial Engineering and Management students (dark blue) - estiem (at) kaplaaki.fi
- Ketek ry - Chemical Technology students (black) - kv (at) kemiantekniikankilta.fi
- KRK ry - Mechanical Technology students (orange) - koposopa (at) koneenrakennuskilta.fi
- Pelletti ry - Environmental Technology students (gray) - skopo (at) pellettiry.org
- Sätky ry - Electric Engineering students (green) - kv (at) satky.fi
The Guild council works as a link between the Student Union and the guilds. The Guild council consists of the chairmen of the guilds as well as two representatives from the Student Union.